We receive questions and queries via our website and social media on a regular basis and use the newsletter as an opportunity to share some expertise and information with our readers. In this edition, however, we want to give some examples of key projects GMBA team members have been involved in as there is some uncertainty in the marketplace.
GMBA is a group of independent consultants who individually and in partnership with each other, provide a range of business consultancy services, at a competitive price. It is so well summarized by our GMBA Australia and New Zealand representative, Maryanne Edwards:
“It is a tough road for businesses entering and surviving in the marine industry nationally and globally whether in the recreational boating or the superyacht sector. The COVID-19 pandemic has only made this more difficult. It has been exciting that GMBA has continuously been able to open doors to global markets, providing relevant industry research to allow businesses to make timely and quality decisions. The ability for GMBA to provide key introductions for exporters and importers has been enormous value in shortcutting that often arduous road to new markets.”
Since its inception, GMBA has flourished, growing to 19 consultants over 5 continents and 19 countries. Given the close relationships between GMBA advisors, their services have been able to be provided efficiently and effectively. This ensures the client gets the best advice, connections, and data available at a realistic and affordable cost.
To date there have been a significant number of projects undertaken, a sample of these being:
- Assessing the situation of marinas in specific countries/regions in order to implement strategic development plans for boating activities.
- Helping marine industry businesses explore potential export markets.
- Undertaking in depth market research recommending potential dealers for boat manufacturers
- Undertaking assessments, technical diagnosis, and consulting missions for Port authorities.
- Provision of research and support for the development of superyacht hubs
- Development of industry award applications to ensure success and relevance
- Working with boat builders/manufacturers to find subcontract manufacturing across the globe.
- Developing market intelligence webinars for the industry.
- Collation of current industry global situation for various industry publication
- Advising on the development of industry trade and boat shows
- Assisting with the sale of marine industry businesses
- Development of marketing strategies and key data for businesses to enter global markets, including reviewing websites for various businesses to optimize sales.
- Researching investment opportunities for global players.
- Designing and assessing feasibility of automated dry stacks.
- Appraisal for marina acquisitions and marina designs.
- Development of business proposals to access government funding
Drop us an email and we can chat about how we can assist you in unlocking opportunities.
Disclaimer: Global Marine Business Advisors is a registered legal entity and is a network of independent marine industry advisors. In all articles the opinions expressed are those of the author and does not necessarily reflect those of GMBA.